Monday, June 14, 2010

New Idea

This blog is FREE! Yes, free of charge but also free of coersion from a certain professor...

I'd like to use this space to blog philosophical ideas. Let's see what comes to mind just now.

Eariler today I was watching Morgan Freeman's science show "Through the Wormhole". The episode was about the existence of God and various theories real scientists have about it. This was way more interesting than the usual Sunday fare of preachers and preists going on and on about God. So what did the scientists have to say?

Well, one idea struck me as especially intriguing. "Maybe we're all simulations and God is the simulation designer." Hmmmm, possible? I guess? (voice pitch goes up as I shrug)

What bothers me about that idea is that God itself can be a simulation and super-God the super-simulator. It leads to an infinate regress. That's bad. So I shave that idea with Ockham's Ravor.

No comments: